The Princess and The Nightingale

                                               

It was raining hard as Princess Albania, looked out from her terrace Palace.  She called the servant Ferooz and told him,  Prince Ahram has not come home yet. It’s been fifteen days. I have not spoken or heard from him for five days. What shall I do Ferooz, What shall I tell Queen Janki, his mother?  She will worry and be angry.  Feroz said, yes it's true, She will be very upset, angry and will have you sent to the servant quarters, and feel you have cursed her son.   Princess Albania noticed it stopped raining.  She turned back against the window then heard many noises, She heard a mouse. Then a cat, Suddenly a nightingale landed in front of her porch.  She heard the squeaking sounds of the Nightingale  There under the feet was a piece of paper.  Princess Albania walked and opened the terrace Palace door,  She got the Piece of paper.  The nightingale looked at Prince Albania and flew away.   Princess Albania said, “thank you” when she saw the nightingale fly down on the floor, She ran down her stairs palace, and went to the kitchen.  She ran and got some nuts and fruits from her cabinet.  She ran down the door path and went in front of the nightingale, She dropped the nuts and fruits for the nightingale to eat.  It seemed as though the nightingale had grown week and he was missing his family.  She bent on her knees held the nightingale and told the bird, “I will find your family or you can stay with me”.” I will be your family”.   The nightingale stared at Princess Albania.  Princess Albania noticed a mark near the eyes of the bird. A dark black spot.   Then Albania went back up in her room, She asked Feroz to bring the nightingale and get a cage from him from the Smithsonian street twenty minutes away.  Ferooz said Yes, Princess,” I will get a cage”.  Then she said “, I am going to read the letter”.  She went and sat on her bed and opened the letter.  On the letter was Dear Albania, “ My Dear Beloved from Prince Ahram”.  She was surprised to receive a letter from him.  Dear Love,  “ I was on my way home when I saw the nightingale through my window car as I was driving,  The nightingale you see, I was able to see and when I opened my window it sat in my car seat on the passenger side. It sat, I saw two other big nightingales and a baby nightingale get shot.  Our car hit the big nightingale, It got in front of us.  Then our car skid over and fell down the hill.”  I was carried to the nearest hospital with our driver. I was checked at the hospital. The ambulance had driven us.  The nightingale had followed. I wanted to talk to you, but the hospital saw I had a scar in my face,  and my head had some bleeding. The doctor said, luckily I was fine.” Nothing was hurt in my body. “ The Nightingale stayed with me through my stay at the hospital. “I have sent the nightingale with the driver. Javed the driver was also ok.  He dropped the nightingale and we need to get a new car and The doctors want us to stay another day to make sure we are fit to come home.”  The driver and I will be home for two days. We will have to buy a new car. Our nurse Surya, will drive us to a dealer. Once we have our new car I will come home with the driver.  Till then my love, Albaniya takes care of the nightingale, She has lost her family, Yet I feel she saved me.  I am blessed with the nightingale. Feed her well.”   Love Ahram
Albaniya wrote back.  Dear Ahram,” I miss you, I waited days for your call, I will be so happy to see you. I will have the palace decorated. The maids will cook All the food you love. Chicken,  Naan,  Your favorite Apple Pie, and vegetables.  I will wear the green embroidered sari, you bought me on our Anniversary, with matching jewelry. I will also have flowers in my braids.  I’ll have the maids put mehndi on me.  We will have a good talk and laugh at the terrace.  Our new nightingale will join us also.”  Love Albaniya.  She slept with the nightingale.  Every morning the nightingale woke her.  Finally after two days. Ahram came.  The palace was decorated.  The nightingale gazed at everyone. Then the Nightingale made noises.  The maids cooked Ahram’s favorite food.  Albaniya got the two youngest maids to put henna and do her hair and match her jewelry.  Finally, Ahram entered the Palace. As soon as he entered, The nightingale flew on his shoulders, Then flew in Albany's hands.  Then looked at both of them. The nightingale squeaked.  The Prince and Princess hugged each other than both looked at the Nightingale.  The nightingale flew to them as if the bird was an angel.
                                                               Copyright@Vinita Singh March 29,2017




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The negative Planets.

The Passionate Writer

Hope